12/8 & 12/11/14 Homeschool Day Evaluation
If you and your students attended this program, please click here to let us know about your experience.
Join our mailing list!
Please click here to subscribe for the Georgia Commission on the Holocaust's e-newsletter.
Guidelines for Teaching About the Holocaust
Topics to Teach
- World War II in Europe
- Murder of the Disabled (Euthanasia Program)
- Persecution and Murder of Jews
- Mobile Killing Squads (Einsatzgruppen)
- Expansion of the Concentration Camp System
- Killing Centers
- Additional Victims of Nazi Persecution
- Jewish Resistance and Non-Jewish Resistance
- United States
- Death Marches
Oral History: Anita Magnus Frank (United States Holocaust Memorial Museum)
What do you know about Anita based on this clip? Who is she? What time in her life is she remembering?
How is this testimony different that reading someone's diary? Looking at a photograph? Looking at an artifact?
How is Anita's story the same as Anne Frank's story? How is it different?
What type of challenges might historians encounter when interviewing people about an event that happened years ago?
Which type of primary source do you prefer analyzing when you study about history?